Tuesday 7 August 2007

At home with Jamie and not Mickey

Right readers. First things first. You will all be pleased to learn that Mickey has finally got the keys to his own home and is no longer residing with me and Mrs Davie. This means that I do not have to sit through endless repeats of My Family and University Challenge and can watch what I want to watch at night again. And with that in mind, coupled with the Ginger Prince's gentle reminder that we are supposed to be reviewing TV programmes in this blog, I settled down to watch Jamie at Home on Channel 4.

I like Oliver. I like what he did with his restaurant and for school dinners. I am sure he has seen some financial benefit having appeared in the programmes and received a lot of free publicity, but at least he did something. I was therefore looking forward to seeing his new programme, especially when I read he would be doing recipes with tomatoes and sausages, which are two of the worlds finest food types. As you would expect, his recipes were good and the food looked top notch. His chilli, tomato and mozzarella salad even made me put my rhubarb yogurt down. But what I did not like was the fact that the cheeky cockney was cooking in his garden shed. I am not one of these people who is obsessed with cleanliness but surely he is contravening some health and safety laws by cooking in the same room as compost and worms ? I'll give him another chance but I hope next week he is back in the kitchen and not showing us how to make chilli con carne in the bathroom.

No comments: