Thursday 26 February 2009

Hustle

I have surprised myself dear readers. Having cleared down some old episodes of Lost Series 3 from my sky plus box a few weeks ago I decided to record some random stuff. Fringe and Breaking Bad, both on the recommendation of Mickey. Both have been deleted after watching 2 episodes of each. One a sci-fi step too far for me, the other just depressing. I also took the liberty of recording BBC1's Hustle. This was against my better judgement.
A. It was recommended by everyone's favourite compliance accountant and good friend of this column/blog, Cuddles.
B. It stars Matt di Angelo and Robert Vaughan, neither of whom have entertained me greatly in the past 37 years

I am now a huge Hustle fan. I find myself reading old plot lines on Wikipedia and am scouring Amazon and E Bay for DVD box sets of Series 1-4. I don't know why I like it so much. It's ok, the storylines have holes the size of my guns in them and the acting is hardly RSC standard but it is strangely addictive. Maybe the Benton Bag lady can help me with this conundrum???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'm the person to ask - I find myself watching Numbers every night on Five US. Then there's every episode they show of NCIS on Five on both a Friday and Saturday - even though the latter ones are repeats of three seasons ago (I think). At least with that there is the excuse of Mark Harmon's appeal to ladies of good taste and/or a certain age.
Personally I can't watch Hustle because I remember Robert Vaughn when he was young, suave and smooth as Napoleon Solo in the man from Uncle and it makes me feel old and sad to see him so aged and craggy. Oddly I don't feels the same way about David McCallum (Ilya Kuriakin/Dr Ducky Mallard)who was the one I really fancied as an 9 year old.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the most recent Boursin advert? I've only seen it once and burst out laughing. Keep an eye out for it.