Thursday 20 December 2007

This writers strike

Michael. I am very pleased to hear you have bought the first Spooks series. I may need to borrow that from you. After all I hear these writers who are striking in the US are sticking to their guns. I am very worried about how little good TV will appear in January, which is of course the second most depressing month in the year after April. Already there will be no 24 until it is finished and only half of Lost. Probably will be no Desperate Housewives either. BBC3 seems to have decided that screening any other series of The Apprentice USA is simply too much effort. The Schofield brothers are probably going to be stuck in animated suspension in Panama until 2011. This strike is going to be a real pain as there are very few good British programmes that come out in the early part of the year. So with that in mind I am trying to get into the Unit on Virgin. President Palmer from 24 is in it and appears to believe he is playing the same character. It is quite good but I thought it would be more dramatic and have other twists. At the moment i appears to be an updated version of the A-Team except they have wives in the Unit. Still I will probably be glad of it in January.

No comments: