Monday 7 January 2008

Happy 2008 readers. Well wasn't Christmas TV rubbish ? I try not to watch too much over the festive period but on Christmas night I settled down with Mrs Davie and watched Doctor Who and To the manor born. Now regular readers will appreciate I am no fan of the sci-fi. But Kylie was in Doctor Who so I thought I would give it a go. Lord it was tedious. Yes Kylie was in it and yes she is an attractive girl but is that really the best they can do - a complete rip off of the Poseidon Adventure ? I used to really quite like To the Manor Born but when it was at its peak in the mid 80's did it really have no discernible plot line in an episode? There was about two minutes of nostalgia and 58 minutes of boredom/disbelief.

Still it is 2008 and time to look forward. Already I am enjoying Brotherhood on FX and Damages on BBC1. I had heard nothing about Damages but it might be the best thing on the box right now. Watch it - go on - make it your new years resolution.

No comments: