Tuesday 15 April 2008

Bad Davie

Many apologies dear readers. It has been too long etc. Since you last enjoyed my sideways glance at life, I have become a huge fan of Mad Men. It is on BBC4 and I rarely watch BBC4. But Mad Men is top notch Sunday night entertainment. The funny thing is that not a lot happens in each episode apart from a lot of smoking, lead character Don straying with a female client and his attractive mrs cooking him some food and looking pretty hot. But it is strangely addictive and I still cannot work out why.

Of course I have also been enjoying the Apprentice. True, I am beginning to regret choosing the ginger one as my pre-series pick to win as it appears that she is the nearest thing to the devil since the posh one from last year. But it is fantastic TV and it would appear that the producers have gone out of their way to find some of the thicket people in the UK. They need to keep Kevin the bank manager (really ? Is he perhaps someone who once opened a bank account as opposed to someone who approves loans of millions of pounds) and Raith for as long as possible. I did think the tough looking one, Lee would win but he appears to have started referring to himself in the third person (and that is never a good sing - it was exactly this that lead to the downfall of Clark Datchler and Johnny hates Jazz) but now I think it may be the soldier, Simon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a disgrace that this tripe is linked to the Journal website. whatever happened to journalistic integrity? the ginger one should be ashamed...

Anonymous said...

Talk about kiss of death! Soldier Simon slung out the next night. Do you ever back the horsies? I bet the bookies love you.

Is it me or does one of them look like a small Matt Lucas with spikey hair?