Saturday 15 March 2008

Lazy Channel 4

I read Mickey's assassination of Kevin Mcleod with interest. I like Kev - I like the fact that he owns 365 coats and wears them in rotation. I also like the fact that he tries to dramatise what is essentially a fairly calm and staid programme. I like Grand Designs as a programme as I find it interesting what people will put themselves through to build a house. However, much as I like it, I am not a fan of Channel's 4 decision to string out the series like it is currently doing. Grand Designs revisited is a terrible concept. It is cheap and Channel 4 know it. To simply rehash the programme and add a couple of minutes where Kevin walks up the drive and has a quick chat with the owners of the house as to how they have enjoyed living in it is not my idea of cutting edge TV. The fact that it is preceded by Location Location revisited where Phil is now visiting people he and Kirsty helped means that Wednesday night is 2 hours of prime time repeats. Come on Channel 4 you can do better than this.



On the plus side of life I am still looking for suggestions on sit-coms I should be watching and I am delighted that Kirsty Gallagher and Ian Wright have been picked as the new hosts for Gladiators. I am currently trying to persuade Mickey to pump some iron and then he can enter what is bound to be the hit series of the summer.

No comments: