Wednesday 11 July 2007

There's a voice that keeps on calling me

This is ridiculous. I'm now homeless thanks to the laziness, intransigence (is that a word?) and laissez faire attitude (is that a phrase and if so, have I got the meaning and context right?) of the legal profession.

Why is it that it is up to me to organise professionals to do their job? I'm rubbish at that sort of thing. You should see the rubbish job I do of it in my own line of business, having to get lawyers to talk to each other is not my speciality. And yet, that's all I seem to be doing right now.

And so I'm living out of a suitcase. My PC and television are sitting in a storage facility somewhere in Throckley, my official address is my parents', and I am living my life with the tune from the Littlest Hobo going through my head on a constant loop.

The Littlest Hobo, as I recall, was rubbish. But I've reconciled myself to the fact that thanks to the theme tune it will now never leave me. And as night follows day, once I've realised I've got The Littlest Hobo in my head, the theme tune to the similarly premised Here's Boomer (which until just now I thought had just been called Boomer) pops in, although in my head it's much jazzier than the original.

I've also had that Paul Young song (about laying his hat) in my head a lot, but that goes very quickly as it's a very poor song, even when it was used for the McEwan's Best Scotch advert or whatever it was.

This is just an aimless ramble. I've got nothing to say.

What Davie and Mrs Davie watched on their television last night:
  • EastEnders - At one point, one character, can't remember his name, something like Mickey Pierce, but wasn't he on Only Fools and Horses, professed moderate affection to his girlfriend. They were cuddling, and he couldn't see her face, but we could, and she had a troubled look. (cf point 7 in my list of why I don't like EastEnders).
  • What About Brian - Krista Allen from the Emmanuelle in Space films was in it.
  • Cape Wrath - Tom Hardy from Star Trek Nemesis (he played Jean-Luc Picard's clone, remember!) was in it. It went on for over an hour and a half. Davie and Mrs Davie didn't catch the end of it as they went to bed.

Hopefully I'll have a new home next time I write, but in case of further lawyer related delays, any readers wishing to put me up for a few days next week, please contact Mickey and Davie's TV Rant at the usual address.

No comments: