Wednesday 13 February 2008

Great swearing

I am absolutely loving Ramsays Kitchen Nightmare USA on Channel 4. I think it is so enjoyable as good old Gordon has not changed his style to suit the Americans. And his style just does not sit easily with them. Week after week he encounters those wholly insincere Americans that we have all encountered at some point in our lives and week after week he launches into expletive laden diatribes that if he was dealing with Brits we would probably not flinch at but which for some reason are compulsive watching when aimed at the Yanks. It as if they have never heard to f word directed at them directly. The look of sheer delight on some of the waitresses faces as this weeks victim (the owner/chef) was described as a fat, lazy effing pig was a joy to behold. I really like Ramsay - he swears and speaks his mind. I have no doubt some of it is for show but I reckon he is the kind of guy you would go on the pull with and he would tell you honestly if someone was out of your league.

Apologies for the lack of February activity. Mickey and I are just too excited about meeting the rest of the Journal blog team.

No comments: