Monday 26 February 2007

Dragons Den

Mickey, Mickey, Mickey. A few points for you to consider. The car advert is ok. The only fault I can find with it is that they have not asked Tony Hadley to sing the song. I know you have an irrational hatred of big band but do I complain when P&G advertise their latest cleaning product with a System of the Down track ??
Secondly, never diss Howard in fron of Cara. Howard is a big hero of the Hallett family and let's be honest is it not great that a mere bank teller can rise the social ladder to become a recognisable face, entrenched in the UK physche ? Again the only thing that could improve the advert is if they somehow fit the tune to Highly Strung or Chant No. 1 (I don't need this pressure on) to sell their latest high interest account.
On Wednesday I watched Dragons Den. I love DD. I even like Evan and his inane intros and reminder of the rules of DD. Yes Evan, it is the fourth series now and I think we understand that the contestant must get all the money they come for. What I did not like on Wednesday was Peter and the other fellow who sits next to him and witters on about "spending my kids hard earned inheritance" attacking all-round good guy Richard. The gentle natured Aussie made an offer of "approximately 15%" in exchange for giving some clown £50k. Only Richard and Duncan showed any interest in the idea. Peter and the other bloke had already declared themselves "out". Yet they decided to get involved in trying to drive his offer down. As Eva commented after it was unprecedented for the Den". Tonight I will probably watch Prison Break. Though it does clash with ER.

No comments: