Wednesday 28 February 2007

Kevin Mcloud and some cake

Mickey. Stop trying to lure me into Heroes. I have read a bit about it on Digital Spy and just cannot get excited. It strikes me that we are returning to TV from the 70's if we start to encourage programmes about super heroes with special skills and powers. What next - a remake of the BBC1 hit comedy, "No place like home" with Martin Clunes playing Arthur Crabtree (although that would be good irony) and Amanda Holden as his long suffering wife, Beryl ?? You can keep your sci-fi Mick and give me an update on Saturday night.

I watched Grand Designs last night with the Prince and Hasto. Hasto brought a cake which I felt was the perfect comfort food as what unfolded was a tale of woe. Possibly the most quietly spoken man ever to appear on the show had a dream. The dream was to convert a ruined castle into a home. Except he was and here is the twist, completely out of his depth and almost ran out of money. I am worried he sold his youngest child to fund the roof terrace, which although it had a lovely view, would seem harsh. Anyway I hope he got a good price for her. Going to watch the news now. I hardly watch the news these days. I might make Wednesday, "News and Business" day.

No comments: