Wednesday 4 April 2007

The good doctor

Readers of Britain's favourite blog will be pleased to know Mickey is safely sat on my sofa watching Sunday's 24 whilst I type this. I have left the adverts on but he is just fast forwarding through them so there is peace in the room. Which is more than can be said for the control room at CTU where Jack and LLF (Little Lord Fauntelroy) are about to attack a house.

I see that you mate Tennant is back as the good doctor. Is this his second or third year ? I think it will be his last. I am no expert on the doctor who series. I hated it as a kid. I used to hide behind the sofa when I was at my Nana's. She would then make my uncle switch it off. As a consequence he holds a grudge against me that will never die. But that seems to be the way with "Whoeys" as I like to call them. They are irrational. They fell in love with a series that was ridiculous. The props were cheap, the acting poor and you could drive a bus through the storylines. Yet it was incredibly popular. But why - the main character is obnoxious and does not even have a weapon. Luke Syywalker had his light sabre, Captain Kirk had his phaser. What did the Doctor have - a scarf and a metal dog which had the turning cycle of the Titanic and did not have a mouth so it could not bite anyone anyway.

I like Tennant and think he has to be the best they have had but he is too media savvy to stay with this show. So it looks like the doctor will have to regenerate again. But who will replace him Mickey. My money is on your mate Jimmy Nesbitt or Nick Berry.

No comments: