Wednesday 30 May 2007

What about Brian

Michael. As summer approaches we are generally happy at the thought of test cricket and bbq's with art competitions at our good friend the Prince's house. However summer has a downside. The end of Lost, 24, Prison Break. Ok there is the Shield to look forward to. I think I read, but I may have dreamed that it begins on a Tuesday this year. Mistake on Five's part - they should put it on Sunday. But like you I am now searching for the next big thing. What am I going to watch through the summer that is going to grip me. I gave up Big Brother last year and have no intention of going back, unless there are a lot of pretty girls. I decided to give "What about Brian?" a go. Initially because the way the Guardian TV guide described it, it seemed to be an opportunity to compare Brian to you Michael. But it was mildly interesting, had some attractive lead women and the story about one of the couples having an open marriage was new. Brian's obsession with his best mate's other half was also handled quite well. But, just as I am getting in to it - Series 1 finishes. After 5 episodes. Just as everything is developing. And to make things worse there is no second series. So the cliffhanger which involved Brian's best mate overhearing Brian and his mrs arguing is now irrelevant as there will not be a second series. Why did the writers not pen one more episode to finish it off? Frankly I am angry.

No comments: