Tuesday 1 May 2007

Those Aussies

Mickey. Thank god that World Cup is finished. It has almost killed my interest in the game. And readers, just like Mickey I am a big fan. I love leather on willow. I was out on Saturday with Mrs Davie but she did not want dessert so I got home in time to see the farcical ending. Shame on the umpires and well done the Aussies. Talking of the Aussies I am disturbed to read that the BBC may lose Neighbours. Why would they do that? Why ? Don't get me wrong - although I can still name the actors name of any character who lived in Ramsey Street between its inception and about 2002, I rarely see it these days. It's not because I do not like it it is just I have a job now and that involves making people's dreams come true. Unfortunately that cannot just happen between the hours of 9 and 5. Occasionally I will read ahead in the News of the World magazine and if Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) is doing something really bad then I may record it and watch it, but it no longer forms the core of my day like in the halycon days of 1990-1992. But I like to know it is there on BBC. I don't think I would feel as safe knowing Five or ITV have it. They ruin things you see.

No comments: