Saturday 17 March 2007

Goodbye John and Gregg

Davie. Take a couple of days off and calm yourself down! A bus was late, that's all. It's not as if anyone's taken Battlestar Galactica, 24 and Lost away from you. Get things in context! All that happened was you spent an extra quarter of an hour waiting in a bus stop on a pleasantly mild mid-March evening. It's not as if HBOS have brought out a new advert involving four blokes singing how they give a little extra to the tune of Take That's Patience.

Perhaps Davie's anger really stems from the fact that "Trend Analyst" Steven won MGL. All the way he barely scraped his way to each next round. Each time he knocked out someone who seemed just as deserving, or more deserving than him. None more so than when he got through to the final by knocking out poor old David.

Still, John and Gregg seemed to like him. And "Cheese Shop Owner" Ben had self-destructed by making an orange tart with olives and fennel. And "Country Lawyer" Hannah had served up raw lamb. So I don't suppose they had a choice really.

I'm really going to miss MGL. I'll have to find something else to watch while I eat my tea. Maybe Kill It, Cook It Eat It (or KICIEI as I may start calling it).

I know you're not interested, but here it is anyway:
  • Cricket World Cup (England vs New Zealand. England lost. It was an awful performance. How about, for a change, Kevin "KP" Pietersen actually finishing a job? And how about Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff having a word with himself and working out why on earth he's been unable to bat for the last eighteen months? It is the World Cup after all.)
  • Comic Relief (Featuring the hilarious Catherine Tate. In one sketch things changed around slightly as Tony Blair said the funneee catchphrase instead of the hilarious Catherine Tate. Everytime anyone says that funneee catchphrase, I literally wet myself. Not from laughter though. I wet myself through utter despair. Comic Relief's a good cause though. Right Davie?)
Another Friday night spent alone watching the television, followed by a Saturday afternoon writing about it on the internet. I really am pathetic.

No comments: